Saturday, June 21, 2008

PINK SATURDAY

Welcome to Pink Saturday hosted by
Beverly of How Sweet The Sound, If you go to her link you can get a list of everyone that is
posting for Pink Saturday. If you would like to
participate just let Beverly know so she can link you up to her list every week. All you have to do is post something pink on your blog next Saturday for all us pink lovers to enjoy! I don't know what the words mean on the above vintage post card but I thought it was so cute for Pink Saturday. If anyone know please let me know. Maybe it's German? Please feel free to click on the pics to get a larger close up view.



Now on to pink,look at this pretty package I got in the mail yesterday from Laurie of Laurie's Charming Designs. I bet it made my mail lady smile!


And look at the beauty that was inside! I am so happy to finally have one of Laurie's creations! A sweet little bird and a teacup two of my favorite things.

I recently made this pretty mirror for one of my guest bedrooms that I am remodeling.

My daughter Jen from Jennifer's Petal Palace painted roses on the bars of Ivory Soap.

The vintage vanity was my Mother's and I painted it chippy white and put pink crystal knobs on it.

The pink dishes I bought from my dear sweet friend Steph at Angelic Accents on a Flea Market Friday.A pink sugar and creamer.


Some sweet pink rosebuds.

My favorite pink peony from this season in my garden.


And last a sweet cottage pink banner that I recently made for a charity event.

Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed Pink Saturday, enjoy the rest of your visits with other bloggers that are sharing their pink today!

Blessings, Shirl

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shirl, I always enjoy all of the beautiful pink things you share.

I love that rose hair receiver you have on the dresser.

Thanks for participating in Pink Saturday again.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

Goodness! this is so beautiful. I love all the pink stuff you have here.. thanks for sharing..

Heidi said...

Good Morning Shirl, So many lovely "pink" treasures"!...Very pretty!...heidi :)

Vanessa Greenway said...

Hello!! I absolutely love the pink banner with that cute sewing machine!! I love sewing!! Hugs, Vanessa

marianne said...

oh my, your collection of pink is just lovely. the vanity and contents is beautiful - the rosey soap is a wonderful touch. Such a pretty and inviting room.

I did a quick translation on line and your postcard is, I believe, some kind of birthday best wishes. very pretty!

mommyholly said...

What a beautiful pink post, thanks for sharing!!! xo!

Unknown said...

Oh I love all of your pink Shirl :) I just adore Laurie's Birdies!! I need another one :)

Hugs,
Amy

Connie said...

Stunning, my little marigold, stunning!!!!!
Smoochies,
Connie

Dawn said...

What lovely pink items. I took German in high school years and years ago and the best I can figure is that the card is a birthday wish for the best ???

The vanity you have decorated is beautiful!

take care,
Dawn

Secondhandrose said...

Shirl, I still "ohh and ahh " over the new header...it's a pic right out of a magazine. Thanks for all the pretty pink.
Karen

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Everything is just lovely, and although we are devoted to pink today, the green hobnail vase is my favorite! :)

~Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady,
I could come shop at your house.
Love the dresser.

Shirl said...

Thank you girls for all the sweet comments. Thank you also Maryann and Dawn on the transluation. Well it looks like the post card must have been a birthday card, but it's so pretty I'm still glad that I shared it with you all. Beverly you are the first person that knew what that hair receiver was. When I have a guest they always ask what it was used for.
Vanessa I love to sew too, it's my favorite thing to do!
Amy I think I need another one of Lourie's birds too!LOL
Rhonda, I love to mix the jadite green with pink. I have been looking for pink flatware to use with my table settings.
Blessings, Shirl

Unknown said...

Very pretty...I love pink, but that green vase is wonderful!

Rue said...

Hi Shirl :)

Your mother's dresser is beautiful with those pink knobs! I love all you pretty pink things :)

rue

Naturegirl said...

Shirl I can see that we both love roses and we love to put flowers in teapots! If you scroll down on my blog you'll see my rose posts and more to come!
I love the Ivory soaps with painted roses!! How creative of your daughter! Love all your treasures that you show today..so charming and girlY! A pleasure to meet you!

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Hi Shirl,
What a darling package you got. I love the little bird and tea cup. This was such a lovely post. You have so many beautiful pink things!
Patricia :o)
PS: I'm off to visit Laurie's Creations...

Rhondi said...

Hi Shirl
What a lovely collection of pink things you have. I love the vintage vanity too.
Hugs, Rhondi

Anonymous said...

Cute stuff. I would love to get a package like that in the mail. But it would be hard to open... I would probably just want to sit and look at the wrapping all day. xoxo, Joanna

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Shirl, love all your pink stuff! Very pretty treasures!
Love, Ann

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi Shirl! Where to start today with all your lovelies!! Oh my, your mother's vanity is of course my favorite thing!! Beautiful & I love how you place all the things that bring you joy on it. That hair receiver is gorgeous. So are the sugar & creamer. Love the slipper tea towel. Ahhh, my little plates look so pretty with everything else! Are those little salt shakers or hat pin holders?

The banner you made is beautiful ~ you really have a knack for making those so pretty. Love the first vintage postcard, too!

Love you,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Heidi said...

Hi Shirl, We are just thrilled to have you join us!!! Should be a fun day of meeting new friends & seeing many new places!...See you then, Heidi :)

Britt said...

what a great beach house!! holy cow! i love the pic of your hub reaching up to the seagulls. that was great! see you saturday!