Friday, September 19, 2008

Pink Saturday, Vacation & My Birthday

Hello and Welcome to Pink Saturday hosted by Beverly of How Sweet the Sound.
I'm also including in this post some vacation pics and birthday pics.
This is the gorgeous view we had every morning from our deck. Hubby and I were out there every morning to watch the sun come up. Oh my do we miss this place! This is the beautiful cottage that we rented, it was new this season and was a very nice place! It had a reversed living plan, the top floor was kitchen, living and dining room.
Hubby teaching my best friends daughter Devon to drive the boat. It was a beautiful day to be out in the boat. Joan is in the front with her granddaughter Abby. Joan and I have been friends since we were eight years old.


My handsome son Bob!


My birthday was Sept. 14 th. The day after we got home from vacation.


A pretty Birthday card from Victorian Trading Company.

Once a year our church has a mass & a picnic at the old chruch in the country. This year it happened to fall on my birthday. It was a nice day and I did not have to cook.
Beautiful interior!


Next I've posted pics of my gifts. I told hubby I wanted a new stove for my birthday. (strange gift I know) Mine has been on self destruct for a year and I got tired of playing games with it. LOL. I love my new stove and it's self cleaning, that's the best! Also can be programed to turn itself on and off.


The other thing that I asked for was a big table to lay my quilts out on. I make alot of quilts for charity. If you haven't seen my charity blog "Stitches of Love" click here and you can read what it's all about.

My daughter Jen of Jen's Petal Palace gave me this vintage embroidered quilt. I just love it sooooo much!


A few close ups of the embroidery.


My PRH Sister Bertie of Aunt May's Cottage gave me this beautiful night light.

Also from Bertie, a pretty lace vintage apron and -------------------




And a tea cozy, and------------------

A cute little banner, thank you Bertie!

My PRH Sister Katie of Rose Breeze Boutique gave me these beautiful tea roses and a Ghos-Tea. Thank you Katie!

Also from my PRH sister Karen of Second Hand Rose sent me this pretty card, stickers and made me this beauitful tag. Thank you Karen!
From my best life long friend Joan, (the girl in the boat) pretty cardnial dish towels.

Last but not least a cute fall wreath from my son Bob.

Now finally on to some pinkness!
This is all the pretty things I brought home from vacation for my daughter Jen.


Some pretty Southern Belle Plates that I found in an antique store while on vacation.


Beautiful pink vintage linens that I bought in a quilt/antique shop.


I love baskets, so this really called me!

Another embroidered basket.


I love this and thought it had a soft shabby chic look.

This is not pink but wanted to share it with you because alot of you like my jadeite. This is really a different piece. I think it probably hung over the stovepipe hole in the summer. I'm going to change the ribbon to pink. Of Course!

This cupcake ornament was made my Gooseberry Patch, one of my favorite places to shop!
A pretty tea time frame and a sea shell ornament. I thought I would but some pink ribbon roses on the top of the ornament.
I got these Christopher Radko ornaments for 90% off. I was so excited, it's the only way I could afford one of his ornaments!
Thank you so much for stopping by. I have a few more vacation posts to put up so please stop back. Next I will do a post on a new movie with Richard Gere, don't miss it!
Blessings, Shirl

32 comments:

Lori said...

Shirl, Those were some goodies!!! And Happy Birthday to you!!! Gosh we had B.days i day apart! Now I bet tonite I will dream of that cupcake ornament!!LOL happy weekend, Lori

Jennifer said...

Mom I love the pic of the porch at the house you stayed at.That pic should be framed the lighting is awesome!Devon looks so sweet driving the boat!Your stove is nice,self cleaning is the best!Thank you for all the gifts u got for me.I LOVE everything.I posted it for pink sat too.LOL The southern belle plates are the greatest and the jadite cat stove pipe cover.You got some great things down there.Love ya,Jen

Miss Rhea said...

Happy Birthday Shirl !!! :) I love all of your new linens and the gifts you got. That cottage is beautiful . I am so glad you had such a nice time on your trip !! Great post !! Happy Pink Saturday !! :)

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

Happy Belated Birthday.. I hope its not to late to wish.. and as always you came up with beautiful pinkies for us to goo goo gaga.. thanks for sharing and from the pictures here, I am sure you had a great birthday celebrations! Happy Pink Saturday!

Mary said...

Good morning Shirley,
Happy Belated Birthday! You received some very pretty and sweet gifts. I loved seeing your new stove and a bit of your kitchen. Your jadite pieces look great in there. As usual, I loved seeing all your pinkness. Have a terrific weekend and oh, the inside of your church is breathtaking. What a beautiful place to worship our Savior.

Holly said...

Hi, Shirl! Have we met before? Ha! I'm really getting bad about remembering if I've commented before or not. Anyway, if we haven't met, I'm Holly and I've seen you hanging around the blogs and I've visited your blog a few times too.

Looks like you had a wonderful vacation and Birthday! You've been blessed with some wonderful gift givers in your life!

I hope you have a happy Saturday!

~ Hearts ~

Gone said...

Happy PINKness day, Shirl! I love your PINK goodies for today! I have the same photo of the Birthday Card...It's so soft and pretty!!!

Sherrie said...

Wonderful pink Saturday things. Have a great weekend. Take Care!!!

Sherrie

suesueb said...

it looks like ya'll had so much fun! great birthday gifts, photos and pinkness! have a wonderful pink day!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Shirl. I love the place you stayed. It look fantastic.

How wonderful that you received so many beautiful things for your birthday. Many people must love you very much.

And, wow to Radko ornaments 90% off. Awesome!!!

SmilingSally said...

Happy Birthday this week! It's wonderful that you got to spend it with family, friends, and church. Happy Pink Saturday!

Kris said...

What a wonderful seaside retreat! Love all of your photos. Thanks for sharing. Kris

Glennis said...

Oh, you had a wonderful birthday! Lucky you!!

That cottage looks adorable. I bet you had some wonderful days there.

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

What a lovely trip and wonderful PINK goodies to see!

~ Gabriela ~

Virginia said...

Wow! What a view. Love all your pictures. And Happy Belated Birthday!
Blessings, Virginia

One Knit One Purl said...

Happy Pink Saturday! Happy Birthday! Happy Vacation! My sister Karen from Scrapbookofinspiration.blogspot.com introduced me to Pink Saturday and today is my first day participating.

Your pink post today is pretty and your blog is gorgeous!

Susan
PS - God Bless Bob!

Anonymous said...

Wow there is a lot of fun, beauty, and pinkiness here today. Just wonderful goodies you got for your birthday! Happy Belated birthday..

Betty said...

Oh! One after another beautiful treasures. That embroidered quilt is sew cute!!

Katie said...

Shirl Happy Pink Saturday! Enjoy your goodies. Wow that jadeite piece is unbelievable!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

That church is amazing, so is that cottage!!! Such gorgeous pictures Shirl. Loved them all.

Connie said...

Ohmygosh, Shirl, you made an absolute haul there!!! Such fun looking at the pix of NC though. Hubs looks like a "skipper" of a boat. LOL
Smooches,
Connie

Margie said...

Wow! So many lovely *pink* things! I love that vintage quilt, gorgeous! Your vacation spot looks like it was so wonderful, ahhhhh, just to sit and watch sunsets and/or sunrises, it doesn't get much better than that, does it?

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Lovely PINK post Shirl and Happy Birthday dear...and many more! Hugs,
Maryjane

Stephanie said...

Wow, what a wonderful blog. So many TREASURES!

Looks like a wonderful vacation.

Happy Pink Saturday,

Stephanie

Susan Hickam said...

Whew! Such a bevy of beautiful photos! Love the Gooseberry Patch ornament, the quilt, the embroidery and jadite esp. Happy Belated Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Shirl, I love your post today. Lots of pink and more. Happy belated birthday. Nice of your Church to plan a gathering on your birthday. smile.

Hugs, Jeanne

Charmingdesigns said...

Happy birthday!! Thanks for coming by Your blog is so full of lovelyness!! laurie

sweetmemorymakingmom said...

Shirl, Thanx for sharing all your vacation photos and your pretty pink items. I love your half doll pin cushion on your new cutting table! Hope you had a fabulous Pink Saturday! hugs, Ellen

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

WOW! Amazing post! Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like it was very well celebrated.

Kim said...

Shirl,

Your blog is beautiful with all of your pink goodies and beautiful photos. I will definately come back for more.

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Looks like you had a grand time on vacation. Happy belated birthday ! And pretty pinks !

Bertie said...

What fabulous birthday treasures!! Love the photos of your vacation. I'll have to look in to that place. Looks so peaceful and relaxing!!

Your pinks are wonderful, but I love that jadeite piece!!

Bertie
Aunt May's Cottage