Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Very Happy Pink Saturday Thanksgiving! 11/17/12



Hello to all my Pink Saturday Friends. I'm so sorry to be MIA for so long. Life has just been keeping me so busy lately. I've missed chatting with you all so much. I thought since I'm off for nine days for Thanksgiving break I'd try and stop to visit all my Pink Saturday friends.

It's been so different and hard around here without our sweet Molly the Newf, it's taken some adjusting in our life but we made it through. Shortly after Molly died our little  mini golden Goldie died then one of our cats Annie. It's been a hard year, I'm ready for a new one.

Ed and I had a wonderful vacation this summer, we went to Beaufort, SC to spend some time with our grandson in the Navy then we went on to St. Augustine, Florida. What a paradise that was. Can't wait to go back again. My parents were there after WWII and we had their pictures and went to all the places they went. Took pics standing in the same places they did. I where my Mom stook and Ed stood in for my father where he stood. I will post pics for you all later in the new year. My mother always spoke so fondly of St. Augustine and I can see why. It was magical. So much history and a tranquil bay and ocean. Loved it!


 
 



Our sweet Lady is our only dog we have now. She is a sweetheart. We were her fifth and forever home. She is so happy with us and of couse she is spoiled!


I wish you all a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!
Friend me on facebook if you'd like I'm on there several times a week. Shirley Wunschel Hubbs is my user name of facebook.
Hugs, Shirl

6 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

HEY SHIRL!!!!
I'm so happy that you posted...very sorry for the loss of Molly, Goldie and your kitty...lossing beloved pets is hard and sad...
I've been to St. Augustine a few times as a BFF lived around that area for a few years. I also Loved going there!
You have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Warmly,
deb

Pearl said...

Hi Shirl, I was wondering what happened to you. Such a blow when we loose our best friends. Glad to hear you got to go on vacation and enjoy it. When will you get to retire? Nice festive pictures you have. I'm mainly on face book to these days but I'm missing my blog now so I will have to start posting again to. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Hugs, Pearl

Mary said...

Hello Shirley! It is wonderful to see a post from you. I have missed your blog posts and your beautiful pictures of your home and crafts. I am so sorry about your sweet pets. You have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Blondie's Journal said...

It's great to hear from you, Shirl! I am so sorry for all the losses you have had this year. Your fifth baby is precious! I have heard great things about St. Augustine and would love to visit!

I hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving!

XO,
Jane

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Miss Shirl we will not forget you...ever at the cozy cottage!
Glad you are well and your son is home and your grandson is so handsome in the Navy now! You must be proud...look forward to seeing the photos of your adventure in Florida.
Blessings for the wonderful holiday season to you and all those you love....
Miss Peach the angel

Anonymous said...

Shirl! I don't know if you ever come back to your blog and read your comments but I wanted you to know how I miss you! You were there when I first started blogging. Hope you and your family are well and I just wanted to say hi.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)