Wednesday, February 11, 2009

ROSE WEDNESDAY



Hello and welcome to Rose Wednesday hosted by Jan & Tom's Rose Haven. If you go to their blog you can get a list of all the other participants.
Today I have some of my Valentine decorations with roses. Please feel free to click on the picture to get a nice large view!


The picture above are some silk roses and above a pretty victorian girl that I made years ago from a doll fabric cutout panel. Bumble Bee Bowser is posing for us! The little girls with kitties/dummy board are from an ebay seller, the link is below.


The picture above is a pretty floral arrangement in a candy box, my daughter Jen made this for me when she was working at a florist several years ago, also pictured is a vintage post card on a dummy board. I buy these on ebay and they have a fantastic collection of items. The seller is Stromboli's Wagon, here's her link on ebay.

Next is an adorable little Valentine goose that I stitched years ago and my daughter Jen painted the roses on the candlestand for me.


A pretty little kitty with a rose in her mouth that I cross stitched and made into a heart hanger with some millinery and a little bling. Below is another cross stitch that was a shop sample when I had my cross stitch shop back in NJ.
Thank you so much for stopping by and thank you to Jan and Tom for hosting such a fun event. If you scroll down to a few previous posts you can see some more Valentine's decorations and a Valentine/Anniversary Tea Party also hosted by Jan and Tom.
Bless You! Shirl

11 comments:

Gone said...

Oh my...such sweet "pretties" for Valentine's Day!!

Thanks for participating in ROSE Wednesday. I hope you noticed that I'm taking a break from most of my weekly memes (this is one of them) til April. You can check them out on my side-bar.

;-)

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Wonderful valentine items and roses! I love how you put everything together. Have a great week!

Blondie's Journal said...

I just love seeing all the pretty Valentine's Day decorations, I wish we could keep the romance of it going all year long! I especially love the artistic work by you and your daughter, so pretty. :-)

Thanks so much for sharing!!

xoxo
Jane

Katie said...

Hi Shirl the Whirl! What lovely items you have shown!

Connie said...

I don't think you have enough roses, chickee! Better get some more to show us. Hah........
Smooches,
Connie

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Shirl; I love all the pretty rose photos your daughter is a very talented girl, just like her Mom.

Hugs;
Alaura

Unknown said...

Hi Shirl!

Great to see you today on my blog! Lovely Valentine post for your party.

Kindredly Lynne Laura

The Teacup Cottage said...

How beautiful! I especially love the stitched pieces. Happy Rose Wednesday!

Jennifer said...

Mom I love the pics.The cat cross stitch is my favorite.I love the floral arrangement.I wish I had done one for myself.I could do one similiar with the stash Aunt Betty sent me though from the store there was a heart box like that but in white.Hugs.Happy rose wed.Love you,Jen

KatCollects said...

I love the little kitty heart that you cross stitched, so sweet. I have got to get to the store and get some supplies, I haven't cross stitced in years and I think its time I start again : )
Kathy

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi Shirl! Such pretty items again!! Love that little cloth doll that you embellished & all your sweet x-stitch. I've never done anything & framed in a candlestand, that is so very pretty!

Forgot to mention how much I love your Nancy Ann "Lady in Red" doll ~ I finally broke down & bought one last week ~ a bride one!

Love you,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents