Saturday, May 16, 2009

PINK SATURDAY


Hello and welcome to Pink Saturday hosted by Beverly of How Sweet The Sound. Thank you Beverly for hosting this fun event.
Today I'm showing you Mother's Day Gifts for my pinkness. Above is a cute little silk embroidered dove that I made for my daughter. Jen loves Doves, she and my mother used to feed them all the time. My Mother used to tell Jen that doves mated for life. I gave Jen my mother's porcelain doves and she used them on her wedding cake table. Doves were always special between her and my Mother.
I also made her the pretty little tag below. The vintage image reminded me of the Seaside Victorian of Cape May, NJ where we used to vacation when my daughter was a young girl.


Latley I had been admiring the black diamonds when my husband and I were shopping and he surprised me with this little black diamond panda bear necklace for Mother's Day. What a nice surprise. I did not think he was paying attention when I showed them to him. LOL


My daughter Jen made me this pretty little pink and while faux cake for Mother's Day. It's just perfect for my new guest bedroom that I will be showing you soon.

Jen also made me this pretty little nut cup party favor, made from pink satin, vintage millinery, also perfect in my new guest room. Thank you Jen I will treasure them always!
My son and his wife surprised me with a pink rose bush. Blooms are on the way, I'll get a pic for you as soon as it blooms.
My daughter Jen came for a visit last Friday so I made us a yummy cake to have with our lunch. It was just a yellow cake mix and I usually use milk instead of water when I make them. Went to get the milk out and I forgot dear hubby finished the milk at breakfast. I keep powdered buttermilk on hand for scones so I tried that and what a yummy moist cake it made.
We had such a nice day, Jen helped me with some things I needed to do on my computer. She's computer savy, I am not! LOL We looked at pretty blogs, looked through decorating magazines and shared lots of craft ideas. Just a perfect day!


I only had a few blooms on my wisteria this year. For the past few years we've had a late frost so that usually does them in. When we are lucky enough to have it bloom the scent is heavenly when you walk onto my porch.

Thank you so much for stopping by. It was so nice to visit with you. I'll be back on Monday for a Blue Monday post with Smiling Sally. Have a great weekend!
Bless you, Shirl

29 comments:

Linda said...

What gorgeous gifts and pinks, Shirl! That cake looks so yummy too! I have an internet friend who was at Cape May last weekend, it is her favorite place! the world is so much smaller with the internet, isn't it? Happy Pink day,
Linda

KatCollects said...

I love the sweet little dove. I am so glad you had a nice Mother's Day. Happy Pink Saturday.
Kathy

Marie Reed said...

How wonderful that you have such a close relationship with your daughter! She sounds like a talented sweetheart!

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Lovely!!! Happy Pink Saturday!!
♥ Teresa

Gabriela said...

Hello!

I love all your gifts!
Especially the faux cake, awesome!



~ Gabriela ~

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Looks like some wonderful thoughtful Mother's day gifts... Happy Pink Saturday ~ I hope you have a great weekend ~ Susan

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Shirl! Perfect pinks! Have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Char said...

Everything you posted today has a wonderful memory attached to it and came from love, how great is that??!! You are very lucky, Happy Pink Saturday, Char

♥Mimi♥ said...

How l♥vely! What a wonderful offering for Pink Saturday. It's raining cats and dogs today in Upper Michigan. A good time for me to stay inside and indulge myself in my passion for pink☺

I hope this weekend brings you joy and comfort surrounded by those you l♥ve.

Nancy said...

All so pretty. Lots of love and thought went into your Mother's Day presents. Happy Pink Saturday!

Virginia said...

All the gifs are just beautiful. The cake looks so pretty and Yummy!!!!!
Happy Pink Saturday.

Patricia said...

This is by far a beautiful Saturday post - the flux cake is beautiful. Please have a wonderful new week and Happy Pink Saturday.

Sue said...

Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing!
Have a great week, in the pink!
Blessings~LillySue

debbie said...

HAPPY PINK SATURDAY,
SHIRL.
BEAUTIFUL POST. I LOVED THE DOVE AND TAG YOU MADE. I LOVED THE FAUX CAKE AND NUT CUP YOUR DAUGHTER MADE...MY WISTERIA DID NOT BLOOM AS WELL THIS YEAR. I HAVE A LAVENDER AND A WHITE ONE. YOURS LOOKS BEAUTIFUL DISPLAYED WITH THE OTHER CUT FLOWERS.
BLESSINGS
debbie

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Shirl; Happy Pink Saturday;

What lovely Pink treasures you have. Your heart must be over flowing with love for you sweet family... Thank you for sharing..

Hugs
Alaura

Julie said...

What beautiful gifts. Have a beautiful PINK day!

Susie Jefferson said...

Love the cake(s) and the flowers etc. Happy Pink Saturday to you!

sweetmemorymakingmom said...

Shirl, Happy Pink Saturday! Love all the pretties. That pink satin nut cup is adorable. I can't wait to see that rose bush bloom. pink hugs, Ellen

Connie said...

Oh, Shirl, your blooms are lovely, honey. And coconut cake is my favorite!!! Oooooh, now I'm lusting for coconut.........
xoxo,
Connie

Unknown said...

Beautiful post Shirl! that bear necklace is too cute! Your hubby is sweet! I love Jen's new cake too, I want one :) How sweet of your son too! the bird and tag you made Jen are just beautiful. Just like everything you do :)

Love you,
Amy

Tara said...

Beautiful post! That little nut cup looks good enough to eat, the cake definitely looks good enough to eat and I love the color of your green/turquoise canisters you have on your counter! Lots to love here in this post.

Happy Pink Saturday and have yourself a great weekend!

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Shirl! What a pleasure to see all the beautiful pinks you've shown today! I liked the dove, because I can relate, as I remember sitting in my parent's back yard, just my grandfather and me. I really enjoyed those times with him. Happy Pink Saturday, and hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Claudia said...

Love all your pink treasures! Happy Pink Saturday!

Katie said...

Hi Shirl the Whirl! Happy belated Pink Saturday! Love all the pretties and goodies too = send a hug to Jen for me!

Lisa said...

Your Pinks are great! Love the Jadite too!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Hugs,Lisa

SmilingSally said...

That coconut cake grabbed my attention as it's my very favorite! Happy Pink Saturday!

vickie said...

Oh Shirl, your grandson and girl friend are adorable. Your pics for Pink Saturday are so pretty. I love them all! You and Jen are so talented and sounds like you both had a wonderful Mother's Day.
Happy Pink Saturday.

Sherry said...

Everything is beautiful!! Your cake looks so good and the flowers are so pretty!

Deanna said...

Hi Shirl!
What a dreamy cake and the dove is just so pretty. What a wonderful daughter you have!

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday
Deanna :D