Saturday, September 26, 2009

PINK SATURDAY & A LAST LOOK AT SUMMER


Hello and welcome to Pink Saturday hosted by Beverly of How Sweet the Sound. If you go to visit her blog you can get a list of all the participants.

I've taken Beverly's challenge again this week and went to a blog that I have not visited before. This week I found a cute blog with a mix of sewing, embroidery and beautiful cake decorating. Stop by and see Sheri at Prim Rose Hill Studio when you have time, a great place to visit!

This week I have a last look at summer at my cottage. A pretty cross stitch that I pulled out of my sewing basket a few weeks ago and made it into a quilted wall hanging for my laundry room door.


A few closeups.

A little heart that I made using a cute little summertime print that I bought while on vacation in NJ.
A cute little yoyo cluster in the corner.
I still have alot of flowers in bloom, they are liking this weather. Blue morning glory.
Roses are still happy.



Elephant Ear is still doing well. They are not supposed to like the sun, but mine sure do.



I bought this clematis late in the season, I was surprised that it bloomed this year.
I loved mandevilla vine and have to bring it in for the winter since our winter's are too cold for it here.

This is the rose that my son bought me for Mother's Day. It's still doing well.

My sweet Angel setting on the well making faces at Mr. Gray the Stray. She does not like him at all. He is very mean to her and chases her from her comfy spots.


My grandson's birthday was on Thursday, I made him some yummy Halloween cupcakes.


Here's the birthday boy, my handsome grandson turned 16 on Thursday.
I've picked up a few new decorations for this fall. Look how cute this glitter Boo is.
Cute little pumpkin votives.
I found this pretty little cross stitch towel at a Flea Market for a dollar, it looks good with the pumpkin pincushion my daughter Jen made for me.
I love this Halloween fabric, I found it at Walmart for $1.50 a yard. I'll make something cute for my daughter and I with it.

A cute little candy corn dish towel.


Thank you so much for stopping by! It was so nice to visit with you.
Have a great week.
Blessings, Shirl

25 comments:

Catharina Maria said...

The first 5 photos are so sweet and lovely , I fall in love at the first moment I see them !
Love Rini

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Wow, you have all kinds of awesome things to share this week! I love that lttle hanging in your laundry room. It is so cute!
Oh, seeing those "YoYo's" just reminded me that I have a half finished yoyo table runner that I started this past winter! LOL I better get that out and actually finish it!

Happy PS!

Carol at Serendipity said...

Wonderful post - love the sampler! Happy Pink Saturday!

Carol

Vintage To Chic said...

good morning Shirl. Your post is awesome as usual. love the crossstitch design and the flowers.
Have a wonderful week.
Judy

Anonymous said...

I so wanted to grow some elephant ears but never got around to it this summer...boo!

I may get a trailing vine for my porch railing, yours is ever so pretty!

Happy Pink Friday!☺

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

Love the cat and cupcakes!
And your boy is so cute!



~ Gabriela ~

Jennifer said...

Mom I love all these pics your cross stitch is wonderful.I love all the flowers.The cupcakes were the best and the halloween fabric is so cute.That heart with the ice cream fabric is great.Perfect for summer.Happy Pink Sat.Love you,Jennifer

vickie said...

Happy Pink Saturday! WOW your flowers are spectacular! Great photos. Everything else, wonderful.
Handsome grandson!

Gee said...

I love the cross stitch very much. A beautiful pattern. Happy pink saturday and thanks for sharing.

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

Hi Shirl...thank you for sharing those last days of summer with us and all your other sweet pics.
Have a lovely pink day!
xo Tami

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your grandson!! Those cupcakes look soooo good Shirl :)

I am in love with that sampler!! I am going to miss summer so much. Your pictures are just beautiful!
Love you sweetie,
Amy

Gwen said...

I love the cottage cross stitch. Can you tell me anything about the kit; e.g., who made it, where did you get it? Thanks.

Connie said...

All of it gorgeous, honey!!! I looooove that little cross stitch you made into a wall hanging. Roses and flowers are lovely also.
xoxo,
Connie

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Shirl! Oh be still my heart! Love all the fabrics! Your quilted cross stitch is BEAUTIFUL!.. and I LOVE your Halloween cupcakes and decorations! I enjoyed my stop here today! Happy Pink Saturday, and hope you have a wonderful weekend! ~tina

Angela said...

Hey Shirl!

Looks like fall hasn't hit at your house like it has at mine! I love your cross stitch quilt you made! I just love the little bird houses on it. I don't know why I love bird houses and birds like I do but I do! lol My kitchen is decorated in birds and bird houses. I also have a bird of a bird house in just about every room in my house too!

Happy Pink Saturday!
Angela

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

I don't know where to begin....it was a wonderful and entertaining post!
Your cross stitch hanging is just as sweet as can be. Very Cottage! It must have taken you a very long time to finish it.....all your flowers are beautiful. I only have my purple Morning Glories. The roses have teeny buds, but the nights are getting very chilly, so I don't know if they will make it to a rose!
HAPPY PINK SATURDAY!
Jil

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Shirl. And, thank you for introducing everyone to Sheri.

Your flowers are gorgeous. The blue of the morning glory takes my breath away.

And, I love the piece you made for your laundry room. It makes me smile.

Betty said...

I always like stopping by your blog! You have the cutest decorations. I love your cross stitch quilt hanging. I need to do that with some of mine.
Have a wonderful Pink Saturday Shirl!

Lisa said...

You have the best stuff! I love it all! I have the jadeite Rooster and cake plate too! I just love them!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Hugs, Lisa

Claudia said...

Love all your pinks this week! Happy Pink Saturday!

Amisha said...

I love all the pictures in this post but I adore that cross stitch. It looks beautiful, you are very talented!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Shril,
I think we both have the same white chicken/rooster candy dish...that's what I call it.
I see you have been busy making some pretty things. Your flowers are wonderful...you must have a green thumb!
Fun Fall treasures too!
Warmly,
Deb :)

Shirl said...

Hi Gwen, I tried to visit you but you don't have a blog. You can have my chart for that cross stitch since I won't be using it again. There's a link for my email on top right corner, if you email me your address I will mail it to you. I have a set of charms to go with it that you can have also.
It's a Dimension Kit called Garden Charm, but you are welcome to mine.
Bless you, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi Shirl! What an adorable piece of wall art you have created ~ many many hours went into that, I know! Goodness, your plants are HUGE! And oh so pretty. Your grandson is quite a handsome young man! Wish him a happy bday for me. And keep Mr. Stay from chasing sweet Angel off from her fav spots ~ my little Rosie does that to Sissy sometimes!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Shirl,
WOW what beautiful treasures you have to share. I love your cross stitch for the laundry that you made. Your flowers are lovely. And, your sweet kitty is adorable. Happy 16th Birthday to your grandson. He is a handsome young man. I bet he loved your cupcakes. They look so yummy.
The fabric you found at WM is darling. I just know you will make something cute. Love the little towel you found too, it does look perfect with Jenns pin cushion.

Glad all is going great with your new teaching position. I know the kids love you. Have Fun.

Blessings and Hugs, Celestina Marie